Here we are

Here we are

Friday, July 13, 2012

War on weeds

It's no secret that I don't like to pull weeds. I didn't grow a garden last year because of those pesky plants. I just didn't have the motivation, want to, desire, energy, etc....There were a lot of other things that I wanted to do with my time, like quilt. But when everyone was harvesting their gardens, I wish I would have put the work in. :( I missed those benefits of growing a garden. So this year we planted a garden! It has been good to get the boys out to help and I don't have to keep such a close eye on E, like a year ago. When we are all in the back yard, he can't go anywhere and he is pretty self entertained. Anyway, I think we have won the war on weeds because of my good friend's idea to put carpet in the garden. Our church is getting new carpet so I dragged W went over there and took a couple of rolls. WEEDS can't grow through CARPET! Especailly this stuff :) I even took some from the garbage from a local carpet store. Now my garden is carpeted and looks so nice. The kids love walking all over on it and my tomatoes, carrots, peppers, and potatoes are happy. I still need to address the raspberries and strawberries........Don't mind the grass that needs trimmed really bad. We haven't done the lawn since we have been back, that will be for tomorrow. :)


1 comment:

  1. What smart friends you have! I can't imagine who told you to put carpet down :) Looks good, and feels good on the tootsies! Happy growing!

    ReplyDelete